Easily configurable and super flexible schedule block
create ANY schedule without any hassle
Customer Advisory Board Discovery Session - INVITATION ONLY
Facilitators: Adam Robinson, Scott Brinkman, Debra Senra
Happy Hour & Networking Reception
Join us as we officially kick off Elevate 2018. Network with attendees, reconnect with former colleagues and friends, and enjoy the Chicago Riverwalk. Sponsored by our partners at Compli.
Registration, Networking & Breakfast
Welcome to Chicago and Elevate 2018! Visit the Hireology registration desk at the Sheraton Grand Chicago to pick up your welcome packet. Then enjoy networking and breakfast with some of the best, brightest and most progressive leaders in retail automotive. Sponsored by our partners at Netchex.
Welcome & Lab Coat Ceremony
Max Lowenbaum, Vice President of Sales, Hireology
We’ll kick off the day with an overview of sessions aimed to inform your 2018 human capital management plan. You will receive an overview of workshop materials and guidance on how to maximize value from sessions and group discussion.
Win the Applicant Economy: How an Inside-Out People Strategy Will Make Your Business Thrive
Adam Robinson, Chief Executive Officer, Hireology
Between a record-low unemployment rate, Baby Boomers retiring in droves and few job seekers interested in retail automotive careers, hiring has never been more challenging for dealerships. To attract and hire top talent, dealers must rethink recruitment and follow a strategy that's more like consumer marketing. Attendees at this session will learn:
• Tips to think more strategically on selling candidates the benefits of a dealership career
• Key ways to highlight career growth and continued training opportunities, ultimately answering the "What's in it for me?" question
• Best practices to create a compelling applicant experience and keep candidates excited
Rethinking Your Applicant Sourcing Strategy to Save Money and Improve Hiring Quality
Facilitator: David Kain, President, Kain Automotive
As dealers face fierce competition to secure top talent, this can lead to increasing applicant sourcing and recruitment spending to attract more applicants. But in many cases, this can lead to wasting money on applicant sources that don't drive results. Key benefits of attending this session include:
• Identify actionable next steps to spend less on applicant sourcing while driving qualified candidates
• Hear stories from dealerships on how they’ve applied a rigorous sourcing strategy to build a better team and drive profitability
• Learn how to effectively measure applicant sourcing ROI and continuously optimize sourcing spend to save money without sacrificing candidate quality
Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game
Speaker: Billy Beane, Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations for the Oakland A's & Subject of Moneyball
Beane conveys his innovative, winning style of management and leadership, which involves utilizing analytics to identify undervalued assets to create and sustain a competitive advantage. By striking parallels between baseball and business, Beane inspires audiences across industries with his unforgettable winning underdog story.
Networking Lunch & Product Expo
Engage with peers and industry experts during a networking lunch. During the break, attendees will also have an opportunity to demo new solutions making hiring and talent management easier and more effective. Learn about new products, features and integrations from Elevate 2018 sponsors to help your dealership get ahead.
How to Increase Employee Engagement and Productivity Post-Hire
Speaker: Wendy Miller, Compli
You’ve hired the best and brightest. Now what?
The race now starts to bring your new employees up to speed – to get them productive and excited about their work. But a negative first impression, poor training, and a lack of new hire planning can impact productivity, retention, performance, and engagement. In this session you’ll learn:
• The cost of neglecting the employee experience and what research shows new employees need.
• The 5 C’s of an onboarding program and tactics to ensure each C is adequately covered.
• Tips to improve engagement and confidence at the most crucial and sensitive point in an employee’s career.
Fireside Chat: The Future of Dealership Human Capital Management
Adam Robinson, Co-Founder and CEO at Hireology & Sherry Schultz, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, Walser Automotive
The most successful dealerships recognize the importance of human capital management and effectively hiring quality employees. In this fireside chat, learn how Walser Automotive has created a dealership culture of development and collaboration to support its rapid growth.
Attendees at this session will learn:
• How Walser has created an employment brand and company culture that gets top talent excited to work for the dealership group
• Firsthand success stories about how Walser Automotive actively trains and mentors its 1,800 employees
• Best practices and predictions for automotive human capital management in the coming years
Q&A with Darrell Waltrip
Join us for an intimate Q&A session with Darrell Waltrip, Three Time NASCAR Winston Cup Champion.
Adam Robinson, Chief Executive Officer, Hireology
Thank you for attending!
In this capstone session, we'll summarize key takeaways and review next steps to successfully execute on newly created 2019 human capital management plans. You'll leave prepared to leverage human capital as a source of sustainable competitive advantage to win your market.